The difference between the words people speak and our understanding of what they are saying comes from nonverbal communication, otherwise known as "body language". By developing your awareness of the signs and signals of body language, you can more easily understand other people, and more effectively communicate with them.
There are sometimes subtle – and sometimes not so subtle – movements, gestures, facial expressions and even shifts in our whole bodies that indicate something is going on. The way we talk, walk, sit and stand all say something about us, and whatever is happening on the inside can be reflected on the outside.
By becoming more aware of this body language and understanding what it might mean, you can learn to read people more easily. This puts you in a better position to communicate effectively with them. What's more, by increasing your understanding of others, you can also become more aware of the messages that you convey to them.
- Body Language- Understanding Non-Verbal Communication
- How to Read Body Language
- Eyes – Body language
- Mouth –Body Language
- Head – Body Language
- Arms – Body Language
- Hands – body language
- Handshakes – body language
- Legs and feet – body language
- Personal space
- Mirroring – matching body language signals
- Bowing and Curtseying body language
- First impressions and confidence
- Difficult meetings and defensiveness
- How to Read Women's Body Language for Flirting
- How to Read Men's Body Language for Flirting